|Title:||Data Capacity Coordinator|
Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) - Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco,
MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic
equity and social justice through asset building and community development.
MEDA is advancing strategies to create asset building opportunities for San Francisco’s Latino families
and in the Mission District through: (1) our core, integrated Asset Building Programs related to housing,
financial capability, workforce development, business development and tax preparation; (2) serving as a
backbone agency to advance educational achievement and family economic success through the
Mission Promise Neighborhood 2-generation approach; (3) creating and preserving affordable housing
and commercial real estate in the Mission District through Community Real Estate; (4) providing access
to capital and innovative financial products through the Adelante Fund; and (5) Policy & Advocacy
efforts that support our mission.
The Data Capacity Coordinator is responsible for helping new staff and external partners adopt database usage, create and maintain useful reports and dashboards to monitor data usage and learning, develop and deliver training plans for partner agencies so they can successfully share data as part of the MPN collective. The Data Capacity Coordinator will bridge the gap between the needs of the Evaluation Department and the data collection of various MEDA programs and partners. The objective is to help programs and partners increase their data capability and be able to deliver quality data that shows the impact of their efforts. Establish foundational data capacity for partners including identifying data contact at each agency and setting expectations and goals around the sharing of data.
- Basic Salesforce database administration to enhance and streamline program data collection.
- Training internal and external staff on case management and referrals.
- Training external staff on MS Excel to manage and clean large datasets for submission to MPN for batch uploading into our shared Salesforce database.
- Help with development of program performance measures for evaluation
- Conducting literature reviews and compiling research to inform the expansion of MPN evaluation framework
- Building accurate reports and dashboards in Salesforce.
- Basic analysis and report writing
- Support MPN in semi-annual reporting to Department of Education
- Build and maintain training materials.
- Spanish-speaker. Able to train and interview in Spanish.
- Professional writing skills for reports and training materials
- Willing and eager to learn Results Based Accountability framework to help programs establish reasonable and attainable performance measures.
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Able to work and problem-solve independently as well as in a team.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and/or Google Office.
- Experience with Excel formulas, pivot tables and charts.
- Data cleaning and mapping of large data sets.
- Basic knowledge of survey development and administration.
- Experience presenting/discussing data
- Experience creating training materials
- Knowledge of the Mission District community and history
- Experience with Salesforce as an end-user or system administrator.
- Human services data entry in a secure database like Salesforce, ETO, other.